Following the recent Scottish Government announcement that all indoor leisure venues will be required to ensure a 1m distance between groups, there will be some changes to a number of activities at The Pickaquoy Centre.
After a careful review of Scottish Government, sportscotland and Governing Bodies of Sport guidance, the following activities will be affected:
- Up to three households can attend the cinema together, however each group must maintain a 1m distance from other groups. While these guidelines remain in place we will return to the seating bubbles to maintain distance.
Gym and S&C Gym:
- A number of the CV machines will be temporarily unavailable.
- Group X maximum class numbers will be slightly reduced.
- BOXFIT will be cancelled until physical distancing is removed.
- The festive pool discos scheduled to take place on the 27th & 30th December will be cancelled.
- Lane swimming will return to double lanes.
Climbing & Bouldering:
- Climbing remains unchanged. Customers should ensure that they remain 1m distanced at all times.
- No more than six individuals and up to a maximum of three households will be allowed in the Bouldering Cave at any one time.
- Badminton can remain but no more than three households can play on a court at any one time.
- Long mat bowls can continue but no more than three households can play on a single mat at any one time.
- Adults cannot play squash out with their household at this time. Juniors and coaching can continue.
- Walking Football will be cancelled until physical distancing is removed.
- Up to a maximum of three households will be allowed in Jungle World at any given time.
- Adults should adhere to 1m distancing to other adults and additional cleaning stations will be in place.
These changes will take place from Monday, 27 December. Any cancellations due to the change in restrictions will be given a full refund in all circumstances.
James Linklater, Managing Director of The Pickaquoy Centre, said: “It is disappointing that we are having to put in further restrictions, but our hope is that this is temporary.
“We will continue to follow Scottish Government and Governing Bodies guidance to ensure the safety of customers and staff whilst maintaining our current Covid safety measures that have been in place since we reopened in November 2020.
“While the 1m physical distancing is in place, we ask customers to be mindful of this at all times when using the Centre, and if you have any queries regarding a specific activity, please contact us directly.
“In the meantime, we would like to once again thank you for your continued support and patience. We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and look forward to seeing you when we reopen next Monday, 27th December.”
Click here to view the Covid-19 FAQ’s.