The Athletics Track is home to the Orkney Athletics Club and sees a number of other clubs and athletes using it as part of their training programmes.
Fancy trying out your own sprint sessions? See below for a few track training ideas that could be incorporated into your own fitness regime:
- 150m x 6 with 2 minutes recovery in between each sprint
- 60m x 6 with 2 minutes recovery in between each sprint
- Split 400m runs. Sprint 200m then pause on line for 30 seconds then run 200m again taking a 4 minute recovery afterward. Repeat this 4 times.
- 400m x 6 with 3 minute recovery in between each sprint
- 600m,500m,400,300m,200m. Taking a descending recovery time from 6 minutes down to 3 minutes before the 200m.
- 30m,40m,60m,80m then reverse the order and repeat. Take a slow walk back recovery for these.
- Sprint 300m then pause on the line for 30 seconds, then sprint 100m. Take a 6 minute recovery then repeat this 3-4 times.
All Weather Pitch
Our 3G floodlit synthetic pitch is Orkney’s premier all weather hockey pitch. This sand dressed facility is floodlit for year round use and includes equipment store and team dugouts and is home to Orkney Hockey Association.
The all weather pitch is ideal for training or competitions and is available for hire by clubs and groups.
For those that prefer to play on real grass we have a great selection of grass pitches available for training and matches. Our premium pitch, which is home to Orkney Rugby Football Club, is located inside the running track.
Primarily used for football and rugby, these pitches can also be hired for other events. An artificial wicket and archery range is also encompassed within the grass pitch area.